Friday, April 1, 2011
Motivational inspirational matchbox handmade diy gift | Go to post ➜
(in 10 easy steps!)
Pretty, no? :D This is a really quick walk through of how to make these simple matchbox gifts for a friend! All you need is some imagination, and lots of love ♥
1. Start with a plain matchbox. (I made my own using this template)
2. Take a sheet of decorative paper. You can use scrapbook paper, but I decided to go simple and use a grid lined paper from a notebook.
3. Trace out the shape of your matchbox tray.
4. For this, I decided I wanted a pop-up 'STAR' to be part of the quote, so I cut two small pieces of craft foam, smaller than my sticker.
5. Mark out the placement of the quote with pencil.
6. Ink with pen, let dry. Erase pencil marks.
7. Double-sided tape, stack up and stick foam cut-outs.
8. Place sticker to complete 3D effect!
9. Cut out quote.
10. Trim to fit matchbox tray. Glue into tray.
For the cover, I just glued a strip of grid paper around the cover and put a matching star sticker on it :)
And there you have it! Quick, simple, and something meaningful that will definitely brighten up anyone's day. You can put in quotes that mean something to you and your loved one, or even tiny trinkets or mementos of a special trip.
Looking for something specific? A tutorial, tip or design? Use this search box to find what you need!
Currently on HIATUS but leaving this blog up for those who are still looking at old tutorials/process shots :) Will be back one day maybe!
Stickers! | Fine Silver + Topaz Pendat (Wirework + Metalsmithi... | Hello♥ So school swept me off my feet more thorou... | Pendants~ | Lanhua Pendant - Making of | Laika pendant - making of | Wire Wrapped Pendants + Labradorite | Merry Christmas + Happy New Year! | Hello, Some shots of simple watercolour + typewri... | Updates! |
November 2009 | April 2010 | March 2011 | April 2011 | May 2011 | August 2011 | September 2011 | October 2011 | December 2011 | January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | May 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | May 2013 | June 2014 | July 2014 |
Sodacrush on Etsy
ValkyrieCouture on Etsy